Sociological study: Chat with me!

Hi everyone!

My name is Isak Engdahl and I’m conducting a sociological research project on machine learning practices in computer vision at Lund University, Sweden.

I’m currently studying how ML datasets are constructed and put to use in model development as an ethnographic case study. I’ve acquired permission from the Ego4D team to study the dataset from a sociotechnical lens, which is why I’m looking for people to interview about their work process. The interview will be recorded and the interview data pseudonymized in line with ethnographic conventions.

Besides an opportunity to reflect on your work to a committed listener, your effort will contribute to our knowledge of how ML-driven computer vision becomes produced. Are you involved in the dataset project or are working with the dataset or benchmark challenges in any capacity, I highly welcome you to reach out to me on my email: isak.engdahl@soc.lu.se

My research is part of “Show & Tell: Scientific representation, algorithmically generated visualizations, and evidence across epistemic cultures.” financed by the European Research Council (ERC Starting Grant, 2021-2025). The PI’s contact info is here: alison.gerber@soc.lu.se

See you at the Office Hours later today!

Isak Engdahl